What’s On in 2022?
Our proposed programme for 2022 is set out below. As we finalise our preparations and confirm events, there may be some changes to the programme over the next few weeks.
- Rosto Opening Night at the RSL 6pm to late (cost to be confirmed)
- Team penning 7am (and again at 4pm)
- Street stalls 8am-3pm
- Kid’s corner 8am-3pm
- CWA morning tea and lunch 8am-3pm
- Modern day shearing display 8am-3pm
- Motor vehicle vintage car display 9am-3pm
- Working sheep dog display 9am-3pm
- Damper with cockies joy and billy tea 10am-3pm
- City of Maitland Pipes and Drums 11am-1pm
- Welcome to country 11.50am
- Running of the sheep (sponsored by Rosto) 12 noon
- Dog high jump 1pm
Saturday, from 3pm, the festivities move to the Merriwa Showground
- Gumboot throwing competition 3pm-4pm
- Sheep poo spitting competition (we dare you!) 3pm-4pm
- Lolly scramble 3pm-4pm
- Team penning presentation 4pm
- Ka-Boom Fireworks 6pm
- Team Penning 8am
- Anglican Parish ‘Blessing of the Fleece’ service 9am
- Bush Poet’s Breakfast 8am (free entry but gold coin donation is appreciated)
The 2022 Festival of the Fleeces programme will be available to download in the near future.
Please call back soon.
Bush Poets Breakfast – Sunday Morning
For a special treat, come along to the Bush Poet’s Breakfast on Sunday morning. No bookings are necessary. This is a walk-up bush poets competition with a prize pool of $500! The breakfast with be MCd by a special guest and judge.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast while listening to the very entertaining bush poets for a wonderful Sunday morning experience.
Venue: CWA Hall, Bettington St. Time: 8am – 11am.
2022 Key Info
When: June Long Weekend 2022
Running of the sheep: Saturday 10th June, 12 noon
Where: Golden Highway, Merriwa (festivities move to the Merriwa Showground at 3pm Saturday)
Find Merriwa on Google Maps